Tarana Foundation was established in 2018 with 15 members and over the years has grown to be a registered Non-Profit Charity Foundation (No.GA 00211699 company by guaranteed by NGO). It is run by volunteers who have come together with the common vision to enhance and strengthen the socio economic norms of rural communities in Sri Lanka
We partner and collaborate with individuals , groups, corporates, non governmental organizations registered in Sri Lanka and overseas to pursue our objectives.
Our humble story began in March 2018 when 15 friends got together posing the question of how to help the rural communities in Sr I Lanka. The group envisioned helping school children in remote areas overcome the hardships and facilitate their education.
So began our first major project where 2700 school children in Anuradhapura, Bakamuna, Dehiattakandiya, Jaffna, Matugama, Padavi Siripura and Vavuniya were provided with basic school requirements. The daunting task of raising Rupees 4.2 million was achieved in eight months with the tireless support of our members and generous contributions from well-wishers.
Our focus is on 5 key 2030 Sustainable Development Goals:
– Providing support to hospitals regarding equipment, medicines, medical and surgical consumables.
– Providing basic school requirements to School children in rural villages
– Supporting the rural schools with much needed emnities.
– Facilitating solutions to the rural communities in accessing clean water
– Providing sanitation facilities particularly in the rural schools
– Initiating environmentally friendly projects in the rural schools
– Creating awareness of the environmental issues in the island & supporting Solutions to protect it.