Tarana Foundation has registered for the GlobalGiving Accelerator Program launched on the 8th of June 2020. Campaign will run from the 8th of June till the 26th of June. We have put forward our project on “Support Rural Schools in Sri Lanka” for this campaign and wish to raise USD 10,000 towards the rural schools project to be done in December 2020. The funds will be utilised towards
- distribution of school requirements to disadvantaged children in rural schools,
- donation of library books, musical equipment and sports goods to rural schools, and
- support water, sanitation and hygiene requirements of the rural schools
We have a challenge to raise atleast USD 5,000 from at least 40 donors in this campaign to be eligible for permanent membership of the GlobalGiving platform.
- 24-HOUR BONUS DAY ON JUNE 17 🎉
On June 17, from 00:00:00 – 23:59:59 ET, all participants will compete for a proportional share of GlobalGiving’s $20,000 Incentive Fund AND two $1,000 prizes. In short, the more you raise on Bonus Day, the more you win of the $20,000 fund.
At the end of Bonus Day, two $1,000 cash prizes will be awarded to 1. The organization with the most funds raised and 2. The organization with the most unique donors.
- RECURRING/MONTHLY DONATIONS 🔁
Monthly Donors Count Twice towards our unique donor count threshold. For example, if we secure 20 monthly donors, our unique donor count is equal to 40!
100% Match for Recurring Donations: New recurring donations up to $200 per donor per project will have their initial donation matched at 100% after the fourth donation. For example: Our organization gets one $50 monthly donor during the June 2020 Accelerator. After their September 2020 payment, GlobalGiving will match the initial donation at 100% at $50. Should the recurring donation be canceled before the third automatic payment the match will not be applied. Recurring donations made by project leaders or staff of the recipient project or organization are not eligible for matching.
Tax Efficient Giving – UK and USA
- GlobalGiving is a registered nonprofit charity in the United States and England and Wales
- Donations made by eligible donors in the United States can be claimed as tax deductible contributions on United States tax returns.
- Donations made by eligible donors in the United Kingdom can claim Gift Aid (an extra 25% to elilgible donations by the UK Government) when they donate in GBP.
Project Name: Support Rural Schools in Sri Lanka